Friday, May 22, 2015

Criminal on the RUN (okay, not really)

I received a series of piled up voicemails on my phone this morning (seeing as I've mostly had my phone off while in Mexico).
It was Thrifty Car Rental politely informing me that I'd never returned my Iowa car rental and that I had 48 hours to set the record straight or they would report the car as stolen. This was the first message and it was on Tuesday. So late Thursday's message informed me the car was now considered stolen and I should be advised that I may be arrested.
This was slightly alarming since I've had my passport scanned three times a day at the U.S. Mexico border for the last week.
However, it was very exciting because, between being detained in a Mexican jail on suspicion of smuggling heavy construction equipment and now this, I had gone from:
in a single week.
Anyway, I suppose I did have to call and get the record straight. After a forty minute wait, Angie from Thrifty told me
 Then we had a big laugh. Well, I did.

1 comment: