Friday, December 20, 2013

Lucky dollar bill

A few nights ago we were having dinner at T.G.I. Friday's in Kalamazoo. I order an appetizer basket with garlic parmesan chicken wings, mozzarella sticks, and pot stickers.

After a few minutes, the waiter walks over. "We're out of garlic parmesan sauce." Okay, I order another type of wings. Out of that. I ask him what options are actually left. I order one of those.

After a few more minutes, waiter comes over again. Out of pot stickers. So I order another appetizer.

After a few more minutes, we ask for a refill on my drink. Oops, just ran out of the drink mix.

Waiter looks at me and says "Have you ever felt so unlucky?"

I tell him "I was once mistaken for a world champion Irish Dancer and told to dance in front of my entire high school. Once, before I gave the biggest debate speech of my life, I had a kid throw up on my shoes and I had to withdraw from the tournament. And I was once hit by a deer when I was on a walk."


The waiter contemplates this for a few seconds, pulls out a well-worn dollar bill and says "Here, I want you to have my lucky dollar bill" and walks away.

No comments:

Post a Comment